This weekend I went on a trip to Cadiz and spent a night with my host family from the summer of 2006 in Conil de la Frontera, which is one of the famous white villages south of Cadiz. I had such an amazing time seeing my family, and man, did I shed some tears! I feel like "cry" was the most popular 3 letter word of the weekend! I had a fabulous time catching up with them, and we ate dinner at a restaurant called "La Fontanilla" that is situated on the Atlantic coast. We had gone to this same restaurant in 2006 with my real family as my final dinner! My friend Rachel came with me, which was so fun because I love showing my friends things that are close to my heart. We walked around the city, went shopping at all the signature surf shops and at night we went out with my host brother Jesus and his girlfriend at a discoteca that he used to work at. In the morning, we ate my favorite breakfast of a good cup of strong coffee and bread with jam. It was just such a sweet touch that Tere, my host mom, remembered after four years my favorite things. We laid on the beach and then went to another great lunch at a restaurant in a close province called "Fuente del Gallo". It was equally delicious! While saying goodbye was not an easy task, I know that I am going to see them very soon, especially with the warm weather coming! It also lightened the load when Jesus started blasting "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" in his car when he drove Rachel and I back to Cadiz. Just a plain, good, weekend!
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
best weekend yet
This weekend I went on a trip to Cadiz and spent a night with my host family from the summer of 2006 in Conil de la Frontera, which is one of the famous white villages south of Cadiz. I had such an amazing time seeing my family, and man, did I shed some tears! I feel like "cry" was the most popular 3 letter word of the weekend! I had a fabulous time catching up with them, and we ate dinner at a restaurant called "La Fontanilla" that is situated on the Atlantic coast. We had gone to this same restaurant in 2006 with my real family as my final dinner! My friend Rachel came with me, which was so fun because I love showing my friends things that are close to my heart. We walked around the city, went shopping at all the signature surf shops and at night we went out with my host brother Jesus and his girlfriend at a discoteca that he used to work at. In the morning, we ate my favorite breakfast of a good cup of strong coffee and bread with jam. It was just such a sweet touch that Tere, my host mom, remembered after four years my favorite things. We laid on the beach and then went to another great lunch at a restaurant in a close province called "Fuente del Gallo". It was equally delicious! While saying goodbye was not an easy task, I know that I am going to see them very soon, especially with the warm weather coming! It also lightened the load when Jesus started blasting "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" in his car when he drove Rachel and I back to Cadiz. Just a plain, good, weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

We're so glad you had a good time and have such good friends in Spain to visit!
ReplyDelete